Skip to main content

Grown Up With Literature Do You ????



 Grown Up With Literature Do u ????







           I suppose to write my journey with literature.  but still don't have idea from where I can start  to write. I always prefer to read books , rather than watch movie.  Books always attracts me because I like words.  For me, Literature is the "Game of Words." I have great faith in words. Books  always  give something to me. So, let me  go back to  my childhood  and let me remember because it is most important part of my life from where I got influence.


          In my childhood , I was used to listen stories  from my grandmother and mother. No doubts they told stories related to religions like.... Ramayana, Mahabharata ,  Krishna  , or Many stories of Vishnu Avtar.  I like those all stories and they gave much affection to know about more. I don't know exactly  from where I got inspiration for my reading  habit but surely  I got it from my grandmother, mother or father because they all are used to reading. My father was used to tell story of " Adukiyo and Dadukiyo" -  wonderful story but  still it is not completed. now, I realize that it is totally fictional but I enjoyed a lot that story with my cousins. 

          In my Home , there is  small library and I wandered to know about it.  No doubt  there were some books like... Story books, Gujarati story books , motivational books  but  there were larger numbers of books which are religious books and all are bulkier than any normal piece of Art or any books. So  many things pass out with Time and I started  reading any books because I felt books create a centre of attention to me.  I began to read story books. like......  'Sinhbad Ni Safar' , Akabar -Birbal' , story of 'Vikaram Vetal'  during my  4th, 5th or may be 6th  standards exactly I don't know.


    

          With my conscious reading habit I come across to read novels and Gazals which I like most  to read during my extra time and  or may  get relaxation from  reading in hectic schedule.   I have small collection of  Gazals' and books ' original quotes and its deep thoughts .  During my reading, I wrote those things in my Diary and later on what happened I don't but it provides  much pleasure to read it again till today  and some thoughts to think about it.  I was not used to think critically until I don't know about literature. But, certainly it gives much pleasure  or aesthetic delight  and  some light to me.






   Here, I just want to share my Journey of reading literature to you all. First I don't know the meaning of the literature but had the fond of reading books especially  Gazals and novels. What is literature ? What does it mean ??? and general answer may come that............
" Literature is the mirror of the society."

but now, I can't digest that particular definition of literature.  because we can't be bound literature and its subject. I  think which is existed in the world, that can be the part of literature. We can't define its subject  also. It is the dark and X- ray image of the society. we can't enjoy it every time

 People have wrong understanding of the definition of the literature. Does it affect any sense to You  while reading literature?  If you know the literature how you evaluate the worth of literature? After reading literature do u find any difference in yourself?

          If literature is able to give pleasant  moment of life, it is equally able to frightened anybody.  literature is X- ray image of the society. It can be frazil things.  It is not necessary to get reward as it always is not happened in our real life.

What is literature ?????

           Gradually, I understand the meaning of reading and search the answer that why am I reading such books?

          Literature leads the society. We try to find our own self in the text and we enjoy a lot.  Literature is the mixture of fact and fiction and that's why people may enjoy it because the whole things which is happening in the books with characters do not happen in real life .  

            The ability of projecting sadness with great pleasures that is called literature.  Literature  is taught which is not fully taught in society. Literature stands for minority and in our real life we never accept the minor things as the great.  Literature stands for humanity and minority. Literature teach   me to stand for others and serve the humanity .  Each word has its own deep meaning and then even it reflects the aspect of life. No matter what is good or bad . It gives the freedom to select the path and take responsibility whatever happen to him/her. Never blame to others we are responsible for what is happening  with us.

          We understand the condition of people  and their situation by lot reading of literature.  Once you start reading literature you start the understanding of the world . Why they behaving like that particular way?  How they are situated ?  What is their pain and suffering?

          I was used to complete my Gujarati  text earlier in my school days.  Some influences also got from my teachers who are used to teach story with great interest and has the power  to give deep thought or core of the book.   These all things are belonged to literature and first time I come across the word "Literature" but I don't know What is literature?  I was  busy with my Account and Statistic during my study but I was always surrounded by books and  I got powerful influences  of books on me so , I thought  that let me read something from it.   After my 12th standard , I left my commercial field  and got admission in B.A with my own surprised.   In my B. A  I came across very great literature it doesn't matter whether it is Gujarati , Sanskrit or English.  Literature is literature.  I have fond of reading books  of Gujarati, and English but  I never  read any Sanskrit books in my life. I am grateful to my  Sanskrit teacher that he created the best atmosphere of  learning Sanskrit literature in class with thought provoking questions.   Then after , I read 'AbhigyanShakuntalam' , 'MaltiMadhav', 'Karnabhar', 'Urubhang', and 'Kadambari' etc... Short stories like, Mitralabh and Hitopdesh also play very vital role to think about human nature and their behaviour.

                   Swami  Vivekananda  is my favourite leader  and I read his books because he never accepts  the things without testing. He  creates his own path. I read for the sake of reading till my graduation.  I read so many books or forms of writings like.... Dramas, Novel, poems, Gazals, motivational  and philosophical reading are my interest area.  I like to read many writers and poets like.....Gunvant Shah , Harindra Dave, Manubhai Pancholi, Arthur Miller, Toni Morison , Shakespeare,  Mark Twain, John Keats ,    Madhav Ramanuj,  Himanshu Shailet , A.P.J. Abdual Kalam's 'India Vision 2020'and' Wings of Fire', Dipak Chopara, and Jitendra Adhiya's motivational or 'Self Help book'. When I read it I don't know it is also known as ' Self Help Book'. 

          I felt powerful attraction towards books though sometime I  couldn't complete whole.   Now, getting some more knowledge about literature and particularly how  it influenced in one's life. That become more important.  Once you start reading , I assure you  that You are not remain  the same person of your life. I get inspiration from it.  It helps me a lot to take my decision and to handle the critical situations. Now, I read with critical aspect. Questioning  things  become habit and I adjust myself in any critical situation without reacting.  I remain only  observant rather than to be judgmental.  It is some kind of process through  which I pass out.
 I accept the thing very easily and I can also take situation as take an easy . Literature is  stands for minority. It changes my perspective to see the world.  When We do prayer in hostel, We normally do prayer of Hanuman or any Hindu Gods  but question remain in my mind that What about others? What about Muslims who don't know this prayer? Sometime I try to observe them during the prayer also but because of minority they can't say anything to anybody. Morality and humanity  is the base of life.

          During my M.A  I develop my thinking capacity with critical thinking. Now, I can't read any text without any critical aspect.  Literature teaches so  many things indirectly.  Hamlet by William Shakespeare -  learnt with various aspect  wonderful experience of my life.  That was the day when I came across  that text could be read with various aspect.  " Frailty thy name is Women". How easily Shakespeare said this but does it really? " Gulliver Travels" Jonathan Swift  how wonderfully  and cleverly he did satire on every profession of the society.  He allows to laugh readers  on their own pain.   ' Dr. Faustus ' my favourite text of Sem -1 . How quest of knowledge turns into Crush! 

          'Oliver Twist'  the reflection of the age. How things are moving and situations are changed. Writers are critic of their own culture through reflecting the problems  and dark side of their own  society.

          How can I forget  the whole Modernist literature . It show new way to look toward the things.   and especially  T.S. Eliot's  poem 'The Waste Land'  Virginia's  'To The Light House'  - Stream of consciousness technique ,   Samuel Buckets 's 'Waiting For Godot ' existentialism.   Who am I ? And this existentialism , I never forgot because of such long 'Waiting' but for whom I don't know, for which I  don't know   and still not only I we all are going to live in illusion that We all are Happy.  This philosophical concern give much understanding to me for living life. I learn to leave things without arguing because everything is vain.  There is no any concern in this life whether you are happy or not, whether you are alive or not. Nothing happen to this World.  Show must go on........

          Pain and suffering of human life is reflected in The African Literature. 'Things Fall Apart'  and 'The Sawmp Dweller' give much pain of the real society in which they survive.  It's all about slavery  and humiliations.  What is the nature of human being is reflected in literature.

          I love Nature but after reading  Robert Frost  poetry I can't believe that Nature is only Beautiful.   Earnest Hemingway's novel " The Old Man and the Sea" can't give pleasure to read. It has power to disturb the mind.  'All my sons'  and 'Hairy Ape'  give much clear reflection to dark society and Now , I think literature is all about this only not to please anybody.  Now, I have also doubt on Nature also. Nothing is innocent in the world.

          Literature covers all areas and its subjects like.....Human relationship, love, disgust, anger, humanity, psychological illness, sex, philosophy, science, universe and everything which one can't imagine in Dream.

          I learn that be critical, be individual and have a opinion of things which is more  important rather than to be right or wrong.  Decisions depends on situations and time we just do remorse on things which is already happened in our past. Life never gives second Chance because it is only one way track.  Psychologically how people are weakness, they fell illness from inner side that is the reflection found in Poe's  short stories and  in one of the best novel " Sense of an Ending". How trivial things becomes major in someone's life and suffer a lot until the death.

          Literature has great power to reflect everything in one form.  We can learn science, Humanity, psychology, geography , history, philosophy , ethnicity, racism, sociology and everything from the literature.  Literature taught me that put your point in front of  people.  Don't be afraid to be alone. There is nothing like success, there is only work. If you win people are with you and if you are defeated, they are ready to criticizes you. Don't be blind follower of anybody.  There is no one who can play your  role. There is nothing like destination during life. If there is something like ultimate truth then that is Death only.

Obviously, it is not only positive aspect of life. I think it give much damage to mind also. It happens with me.  I like my  state of isolation but people never understand me. I can't laugh on silly matters.  Always some kind of joke or any trivia lead me into deep thinking and I try to connect with life.  How things are going on.  Sometime I can't enjoy my understanding. It agitate me.  If I want to laugh then even I can't.  Sometime Mind and Brain are struggling. Emotions are try to overpower  but with the help of examples of different characters I decide what is good and what is bad for me.  Being innocence is dangerous for you.

   so, many things are there to write about literature and then even I can't define what is literature in one definition. It depends on time and situation How one can want to define ? This blog will be updated with time to time.

Thank you.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Analysis of the Gazal- Chandi jaisa rang hai tera

Chandi jaisa rang hai tera - Lyrics  Chandi jaisa rang hai tera, sone jaise baal Ek tuhi dhanvaan hai gori, baaki sub kangaal Chandi jaisa rang hai tera, sone jaise baal Ek tuhi dhanvaan hai gori, baaki sub kangaal Ek tuhi dhanvaan hai gori, baaki sub kangaal........ Jis reste se tu gujre, voh phoolon se bhar jaye Jis reste se tu gujre, voh phoolon se bhar jaye Tere pair ki komal aahat sote bhaag jagaye Jo patthar choo le gori tu voh heera ban jaye Tu jisko mil jaye voh, tu jisko mil jayeVo ho jaye malamal Ek tuhi dhanvaan hai gori, baaki sub kangaal Chandi jaisa rang hai tera sone jaise baal Ek tuhi dhanvaan hai gori, baaki sub kangaal....... Jo be-rang ho us par kya kya rang jamate log Jo be-rang ho us par kya kya rang jamate log Tu naadaan na jane kaise roop churate log Nazaren bhar bhar dekhen tujhko aate jaate log Chail chabeeli rani thoda, Chail chabeeli rani thoda ghoonghat aur nikaal Ek tuhi dhanvaan hai gori, baaki sub kangaal Chandi jaisa rang hai t

અખેપાતર

અનુભવોનું અકળ પાત્ર - અખેપાતર Bindu Bhatt is well known Gujarati writer. 'Akhepatar' (1999) have awarded the 'Sahitya Akademi Award' for the 2003. Novel has the  female  protagonist Kanchanba.  આમ તો આખીયે વાત કાંચનબા ના જીવન ની જ છે ને તેમ છતાંય એમાં ઘણું છે જે એક સ્ત્રી ને જ નહીં આખાય માનવજગત ને લાગું પડે છે.  Chandrakant Topiwala said that...... "સામાજીક ચેતનાની આધારભુત ભારત ના ભગલાંના વિષયની છે ને તેમછતા ભારતના વિભાજન કરતા એ વિભાજન ને કારણે પાત્રોની બદલાતી આવતી નિયતિ નિરૂપનનો વિષય છે."  કંચનબા ની પીડા,દુઃખો ને વેદના ને   ભુતકાળ માંથી એ વર્તમાન ને  નવો અર્થ આપે છે. This is story of journey not only from Outside but the most necessary from the 'inside' also. નવલકથા માં કંચન થી લઇને કાંચનબા સુધી ની સફર છે. After the partion of IIndia & Pakistan, People are suffering from agony. They  hate their own disgustful life. Many people lost their family members and family is broken down. And Kanchnba is one of them. Kan

Book review on ' Gandhi Ni Kawad ' by Harindra Dave.

Gandhi  Ni Kawad                             - Harindra Dave             One of the most famous Gujarati writer - Harindra Dave writes so many novels, Plays, essays and poetry also. " Gandhi Ni Kawad" is  written by Harindra Dave. "This novel is X- Ray image of our society."             Title of the novel is very symbolic. Through the reading readers can't understand the meaning of the title but at the end it is really very symbolically represented the core of the novel.             In this novel we find satire on politics and system. We can say that novel has the plot of politics. Though it has some furious senses, it remains pathetic till the end. The protagonist Karunashakar himself becomes the victim of the system who is against of this system. Karunashankar is used by politicians as manageable commodity.  and he becomes scapegoat of them. And , at the end he has no  way to escape from the situation in which he himself ca